Monday, November 25, 2013

Finding Thankful

We're moving to Texas.

I don't have all the details yet. I haven't even heard from the relocation company, but I know my husband is supposed to start in January. I'm excited about the move, but the timing absolutely sucks.

We've got a ton of family coming in this week for Thanksgiving and a big church-related event and party on Saturday. I'm supposed to get my home on the market. And my FINAL deadline is Dec. 2.

I'm stressed to the max, but as I type this I'm holding the most beautiful baby. Yeah, it sucks to type one-handed but I'm so grateful for her sweet smiles and easy going temperament.

My pregnancy with her was by far one of the worst experiences of my life. Being on bed rest for a month was not fun.  But my dad came and babysat me (and my kids) for that month. While he was here he did a ton of tasks that would have been on my Get-the-House-Ready-to-Sell List. I'm so grateful for my dad and his sheer awesomeness. I'm grateful for the things I don't have to do because he already did them.

I don't really want to host a party on Saturday. It's hard enough to keep your house clean without dozens of people tromping through it and eating food. But I'm grateful for a friend who called this morning to offer her baking and organizing skills. I don't know what I'd do without good friends.

Sometimes it's so easy to focus on all the craziness that's going on, but I'm grateful Thanksgiving is here to force me to find things to be thankful for. I need Thanksgiving to happen a little more often. ;)








2 comments:

William Kendall said...

It'll keep you busy.

You'll feel relieved come February....

Lynne Matson said...

*sends all the hugs and the laundry fairies and the red-wine fairy and happy move mojo and all the love I can find* YOU WILLL ROCK YOUR DEADLINE Becky and all will be well. Plus, you have that sweet baby. I'd babysit for you if I could.:)

Congrats on all the goodness in your life! :) *SMOOSH*

Post a Comment